PhoneGap is a Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) framework that helps you to develop apps for the following devices.
The company offers a cross-platform simulator (an Adobe AIR app), as well as online training sessions to help you access native APIs and build functioning mobile apps on the PhoneGap platform
How it works?
1. Build your app once with web-standards
2. Wrap it with PhoneGap
Get access to native APIs using the free open source framework or PhoneGap build.
3. Deploy to multiple platforms!
PhoneGap uses standards-based web technologies to bridge web applications and mobile devices.
With the help of PhoneGap, the developers can
- Take advantage of HTML5 and CSS3
- Use Java script to write the code
- Access Native features
- Deploy the apps to multiple platform
- Take advantage of PhoneGap Build
- Add PhoneGap Plugins to the projects
- Use tools from the community
- Get help from the growing community